John Harvey & Sons Ltd.

John Harvey & Sons Ltd.

In 1796 the introduction of Harvey's wine-trading business was established in Denmark Street in Bristol. Owned by William Perry, who went into partnership with Thomas Urch. In 1822 Urch's nephew (John Harvey) joined the firm as an apprentice. By 1839 John Harvey was the senior partner in the Bristol branch of the family business, and by 1871 the whole company was known as John Harvey & Sons.

Bristol Cream

Bristol Cream

Although as a wine trader their firm specializes in importing, blending and exporting fortified wines, in particular, the company's primary brand Bristol Cream, it has been selling its Cognac for a long time. After 1960 the business relocated from Denmark Street to Whitchurch Lane, Hartcliffe, at which point the Denmark Street cellars became Britain's only wine museum, with adjoining restaurant. Both closed in 2003.


Harveys Cellars

By 2016, the bar Harveys Cellars has the same location on the same site in Denmark Street. Today it is a subsidiary of Allied Lyons.

Our Harvey's bottles

(No products found)

[Image of {{product.Name}}]


{{currency.symbol}} {{product.SalesPrice | number:'2'}}
Call for price