Companhia Vinicola da Madeira

Companhia Vinicola da Madeira

-

Companhia Vinicola da Madeira was established in 1870 by Antonio Izidro (Isidoro) Gonçalves, born in the region of Estreito de Câmara de Lobos in 21 of April 1844 and died in Rio de Janeiro (Brasil), in 4 of June 1931. Brasil has always been the primary market target of the company and almost exclusive marketing of their wines, getting well known several of its brands. Their products exposed in several exhibitions and fairs, received honorable titles, like the "Grand-Prix" at the International Exhibition of the Centenary of the Independence of Brazil (Rio de Janeiro in 1922/23) and Gold Medal National Exhibition of 1908, celebrating the 1st centenary of the opening of Brazil's ports to international trade, and other Gold Medals in several other exhibitions.

"Castello Olympico"

--

Initially, the company's location was in the famous "Casa dos Cônsules" at the corner of Rua da Conceição and Rua da Figueira Preta. The company later on, as business prospers, moved to the "Castello Olympico." In addition to its commercial activity, António Gonçalves Izidro published several articles in the columns of the local newspapers, and passionately defended the implementation of electric road services in Madeira. Already at a respectable age, Antonio Gonçalves turned away from the commercial activity and retired to Brazil, where he owned vast estates and remained the last days of his life. With his withdrawal from the business, the name changed to Companhia Vinícola da Madeira, Lda, founded  February 6, 1919.

Our Companhia Vinicola da Madeira bottles

(No products found)

[Image of {{product.Name}}]

{{product.Name}}

{{currency.symbol}} {{product.SalesPrice | number:'2'}}
Call for price
Sale!